Wednesday 27 August 2008

Kitty's Walk

Yet again a 2001 poem - I love cats, so this I thought would be the purrr-fect poem for a cat's voice! Is also a great performance piece!

Kitty's Walk:

It's time to sneak out again
And walk down those alleys I know so well.
I don't always know what will happen,
But I feel I will enjoy it again and again.
I wander in and out of the dustbins,
Listening out for scandal to get my claws into.
Maybe take in a little sightseeing...
Of the new sleek tabby on the block that is!
A little hot milk on the doorstep -
Even a mouse or two - black ones are the nicest!
The cats chorus is always a highlight,
That is until shoes are thrown at us -
I'm still recovering from a six-inch stiletto!
Sitting under the full moon is beautiful.
It releases my purrr-fect feline instincts
And makes me feel proud to be a cat.
Maybe as soon as my nine lives are through,
I'll come back as the next Naomi Campbell -
Watch out Hollywood! Pussy is on her way!
But my fun has to end sometime -
Back to my cosy warm house in front of the fire
Waiting for tomorrow night...Miaow!

No comments: