Tuesday 26 August 2008

Champagne

This was written at about 20 years old again celebrating the fact that I love champagne! It's one of my favourite drinks.

Champagne:

If there's one thing in life
Which I'm crazy about,
Then the answer is simple.
It's that familiar substance
That tickles my fancy -
Or rather 'bubbles' inside me.
This is - champagne!

Why? You may ask.
The truth is - I don't know!
It just enlightens my spirit
When I'm feeling down.
Also it sets my mind flowing
With ideas, dreams and goals
That I might want to fulfil.

Warmth grows inside -
All coldness thaws away.
Confidence brims over that glass,
Sending shyness into oblivion.
Whether it's pink, white or not,
I'll drink only the very best!
So if you're in the mood,
Crack open a Piper Hiedsick -

Let your juices flow!

No comments: