Thursday 7 August 2008

The Turn of The Screw

I read the book as part of my university degree and this was inspired by it - mixed by an exploration of paranoia which was very prominent in the story.

The Turn of the Screw:

May you all be blessed in youth,
Everything will be good experiences
For you all - fulfil your ambitions,
Trust your instincts, and let no one
Lead you on. With faith, go in peace. Amen.

That was an emotional moment
I shall never forget - everything will be fine.
We've left the nest, flown the coop,
Facing new challenges of life -
Overcoming new difficulties in the world outside.

But what if I don't like it?
Where do I turn to after that?
Will I be able to cope with life?
How can I be sure if I'm doing
The right thing? Help!

Maybe it's not so bad, maybe
I'm paranoid. Yes, that's it!
I've just got to take each day slowly,
Not rush into anything.
Yes, I'll be fine.

The screw tightens...I feel weird.
Tighter...What am I doing?
Tighter still...I can't do this!
Tightest turn...I can't breathe!
I'm sick and scared - one more try...

The screw loosens...

No comments: