Wednesday 27 August 2008

Cultural Differences

This was 2002-3 era in which I was beginning to feel very good in different sorts of clothes - gothic influenced mainly when I lived in Plymouth. I was also beginning to see some of the prejudices that people could have against you just because you dressed differently. Also because of my love of the performing arts and Shakespeare etc.

Cultural Differences:

You look at me in a strange way
Like I'm some sort of weirdo!
Why? What is so different about me
Compared to people like you?
Is it my hair? My style? My complexion?
Have I an annoying spot I don't know anything about?

Your smile is very confusing.
I cannot tell if it is genuine.
Do you regard me as an outsider?
I don't understand where you're coming from.
Put me in the picture please!
Or am I even in the picture you paint?

No comments: