Tuesday 26 August 2008

Turning Back The Clock

This was written in 2003 - think this one was definitely a reflective phase of my life!

Turning Back The Clock:

My journey has begun.
A journey into the dark, damp
Cave of memories of my life
So far.

There have been several obstacles
To overcome - challenges round each
Corner, never knowing what's there.
Each turn has something special.

For example, my first schoolday,
The fear of suffering unnecessary pain.
New friends from a change of scenery,
My first love and kiss.

My first taste of hurt and spitefulness,
Not knowing how to overcome it.
More men in my life -
Friends and lovers (not many lovers).

I could be too choosy,
But can anyone help being a perfectionist?
Many good times have happened,
Some have been for the best, some also bad.

There have been times of confusion,
Sadness, heartbreak, sorrow
All of which could be overcome
By turning back the clock.

If only we could turn back time
And find our way in this world,
Maybe one would be satisfied,
But where would the challenges be?

Without obstacles, how can one
Find out what that person is
And to eventually discover
That you are strong and able to

Do what you feel is right.
There may be tears, laughs and fights,
But if one can be strong,
Then we can become im-mortal.

No comments: