Wednesday 6 August 2008

The Vampire's ideal Wardrobe

This is an old poem I wrote when I was in my early 20s and discovering the joys of Gothic Literature at university! Enjoy!

The Vampire's Ideal Wardrobe:

Have they arrived?
Excellent! Send them in!
Thank you Egore...

Welcome gentlemen!
Enter!
Enter into my world -
You'll be amazed
At all you will find.
Watch the floorboards,
The creak is not quite right
And one part is not loose!
Don't worry, I'll look after you...

The staircase may be long and winding,
But it gives me power - follow me.
It is said that Dracula once lived here,
His portrait above the old gargoyle
Shows him at his best - just above you look.
Those eyes of red eye burn
Into my soul still. What's left of it...
And his teeth just give me the 'creeps' -
I go all goosepimply when I look at him.
Enough time wasted!
Move on into my lair! This way!
The archway is my own creation
Made of wire, steel and chain -
Dracula would be so proud!

Gentlemen, my abode.
My final resting place.
Like what I've done to it?
I thought I'd take the subtle approach.
Nothing much done to it,
Just red and black drapes with
The delux gargoyle curtain rail.
A bit dull I know, but I like it!
The coffin? Well, it's comfortable -
I keep trying to make it torture,
But it never works!
This coffin was my great grandfather's,
But my wardrobe is the piece de resistance!
Look out! Duck!
Sorry gentlemen, Barry is always doing that.
He's my bat!
This is my favourite outfit -
Morticia Addams would DIE for this!
Long black velvet with spider webs
All over it - the smell of mildew
Drives me insane...
Of course there's my devil's outfit -
Hotpants, tank top, long cape with
Real wolf fur - black as night.
Knee hight stilletto boots -
All this in pvc - makes me feel 'hungry'.

My mother's wedding dress?
I haven't seen this in centuries!
She was so good to me -
Until she was severely massacred
By Jack the Ripper!
Since then I've had visitations from her
To avenge her death,
But as I said to her,
You are so lucky, you could have been
To dinner with Doctor Lecter!
There's a character and a half -
So masterful!

Going somewhere gentlemen?
It's raining - don't want you getting wet!
It's so refreshing rain don't you think?
So cleansing!
You can't get out - everywhere is locked!
You're all mine now my precious ones!
Relax. Yess, that's right!
Let me feast....

No comments: