Wednesday 27 August 2008

Paradise By The Wild Oak Tree

This was an experimental poem influenced by the poem 'Lady of Shallott' as well as the fact that every one has fantasies and this is one form it can take. Looking back on it now, it's almost Pagan in terms of imagery.

Paradise by the wild oak tree:

I saw you in a dream once
In a glossy green meadow.
The sun was at its warmest,
Birds were calling to each other –
All this by a clear lake
With an oak tree nearby.
Then I saw you in all your
Manly glory – brown eyes with
Hair as dark as the night.
Your smile was like pearls,
Making me feel like a queen.
It was here you kissed me
And something inside made
The feeling stronger – wanting…
And wanting more more more!
The delectable sensation took over
And I purred with sheer ecstasy!
This was the perfect moment
That I’d been waiting for –
I didn’t want it to stop –
Take me to my highest peak,
But don’t ever let me fall!
It was then I woke up.
But then one thing’s for sure,
That dream was like the oak –
Wild, protective and will last forever.

No comments: