Wednesday 27 August 2008

Progression

This was late 2002 when I had just started my final year of university and was looking at the road ahead.

Progression:

The middle of the road is here,
A crossroad where numerous decisions
Come and go - right and wrong debated.
A journey has begun within life -
From day one it seems blurry,
As it progresses, the path seems clear,
But a cloud is always blocking the sun.
The heavens part in rejoice
When a new opening is around the corner,
However it is the journey that will
Clarify eventually all fogginess.
Experiences enlighten our world -
New and old - they shape and mould us,
But it is what we do within this mould
And outside it that makes us who we are.
Sticks and stones may break our bones,
But we always somehow survive.
Progression has its pains and sorrows,
Joy however always evolves somehow.
Survivors are born - natural instincts
Take over and add impact to our decisions
So we no longer remain at the crossroads.
Where am I in all this?
My journey has begun a new phase -
Been born again in love and fulfilment of
My one ambition - one more year left.
One more year, and I'm there!
Hollywood (and Antonio Banderas!)
Here I come!

No comments: